Step 1: Choose a glass base. This is when you decide the size and color of your project’s base sheet of glass. During this step you will also be deciding on what your end project is going to be. For example: 3″ x 3″ or 4″ x 4″ can be a coaster or a night light.
Glass Fusing: Walk-In Activity
Step 2: Design your pattern. This is where your design starts to come together. We offer over 25 different glass colors. Pick from a large selection of colored glass strips, frit, stringers, dots, tips and tails of crushed glass. Our helpful staff is on hand to show you how to get started with nipping and break glass to create your own fused glass project.
Step 3: Leave it, we will fuse it. We will melt (fuse) your pieces together in our kiln.
Step 4: Put on the finishing touches. We have several options that can be added to your glass to turn it into a functional item. Before it is fired, we can add a hook so it will be permanent. After your piece has been fired, we can add bumps and turn it into a trivet or coaster. We can glue on a nightlight bracket to turn it into a nightlight. We can also fire your item one more time on top of a ceramic mold and give it a shape like a plate or candle votive.
Leave it and we will fire it. Please allow our staff about 1 week to complete the firing process.
Glass Fusing: Instructed Workshops
- Learn the basics about glass fusing and the kiln process. No experience is needed in our glass fusing workshops, we offer step by step instructions.
- Glass Fusing is puzzle making with glass elements and sheet glass. Create a beautiful, fused glass tile or set of coasters. Leave your piece and we will fire it in our kilns for you.
- Book online to ensure your spot as space is limited.
- We will supply all the materials, instruction and tools you will need to create your masterpiece. Lots of different shape & sizes available to choose from.
- Workshop fee includes $20 in materials which will allow you at no additional charge to create a pair (2) of 4″ Coasters or a 6″ Tile.
Upgrades and Add-On Options
- Add a shape to your pieces for just $5 for slumping.
- Add a hook to hang your piece or clear feet onto the bottom of your piece for just $2.00.
- Upgrade your base glass size or color. Your class fee includes $20 in materials and will be applied to the cost of materials if you choose to upgrade.
- Please allow 7-10 days for the kiln firing process.
9160 SW Hall BLVD.
Portland, OR 97223
This is Best enjoyed with Friends or Family!
$65 | Ticket
- Open to the public
- Workshop begins PROMPTLY at class time!
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your workshop time to check-in, unwind, uncork and get smocked.